#1 2009-03-20 23:54:26

23fx23
Community

5x5 live control Beta 1.0

Edit: V1.01 for usine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyQsuX8Vmm8

ok Ive uploaded the beta 1 of my interface...
made a little video to show what it look like I conpletely forgot to show the empty fx page that can be displayed, (but it's exists).
don't listen to the sound wich is just cheap ultra basic 5 mn made stuff for fractal can test this in the we smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdufv7TwZo

it's in add ons / others

all infos inside the patch...

oops I forget to post the liveset that could be useful has it's premapped...
will update tomorow have to go .

cheers

Last edited by 23fx23 (2009-03-29 05:08:28)

#2 2009-03-21 08:07:30

bsork
Administrator

Re: 5x5 live control Beta 1.0

I'm flabbergasted!

Bjørn S

HP 8460p i7-2620M w/8GB+120GB SSD, Focusrite Pro24, Roland FC300, M-Audio Axiom 49 Pro

#3 2009-03-21 08:34:40

nay-seven
Administrator

yep , amazing job !

don't understand all right now..
can we have an example only with Usine..? ...;-)

#4 2009-03-22 13:50:40

23fx23
Community

thank you guys. Will make an optimized lighter version for usine asap, and a better video example with labels,
also global better explanation with screen capture.

edit: added labels on youtube, hope can help to understand a bit more...

Last edited by 23fx23 (2009-03-22 17:23:04)

#5 2009-03-23 02:53:10

runagate
Platinum Member

/speechless

bravo

#6 2009-03-23 09:40:10

amiga909
Gold Member

wasnt impressed..
until I looked at the wkp.
amazing!

full of nice details, will keep me busy to understand this for some time smile

u really pushed my mental boundaries of what is possible with usine interface design, thanks.

#7 2009-03-23 14:46:05

fractal
Community

Yeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh  !!!!

You made a Titan work !!!

I'm going to download it and try it smile

But look awesome!

Thank you thank you !

I'm goin' to make some propaganda on Monome, audiocubes forums (and "create digital music" website)
i can't wait, and if i can i make a video with the tx2z (and yes Nay-seven i'm goin to make a better sound/video  ah ah wink  i'm pretty noob in Video editing...have you a software idea?to record direct screen, i know this exist but don't know where or who...)

Oh, and i don't know how the interaction work between Usine and Live(you know , your track who "lighting bleep" and other visual feedback...)
If you have some help smile

This add on is totally terrific for ableton user ! (a lot wait the apc40 like the messy)

Bye 23fx23 and one more time: THANK YOU smile

#8 2009-03-23 14:52:49

fractal
Community

Create digital music website make an Article on Usine and 23fx23 interface !!!!

http://createdigitalmusic.com/

#9 2009-03-23 18:42:06

nay-seven
Administrator

fractal wrote:

Create digital music website make an Article on Usine and 23fx23 interface !!!!

great !

#10 2009-03-23 20:35:46

23fx23
Community

fractal wrote:

Oh, and i don't know how the interaction work between Usine and Live(you know , your track who "lighting bleep" and other visual feedback...)
If you have some help smile

yup I posted it too speed, made last minutes tweaks that made it buggy. .sometimes cells stay highlighted but I know where the pb comes from, will fix it it the week., but If you wanna try it this might help you:

basically it's an (extendable) 5x5 matrix. each track has it's own midi channel (click on a "track" subpatch and tou can set the name, color, fx list, and midi channel (that also has to be set on midi out module). each cell send 127 to the cc of the number displayed on the master scene cells when pressed and 0 when latch on that midi channel. by default they are all pre-set : track 1on midi ch 1, track 2 midi ch 2 ect... so if you scroll you have access to 115 CCs per track/midi ch.

the cells send CC, and live send  CC feedback that the interface decodes to know if a clip is triggered/playing ect.
that mean that two cells can be on at the same time if you trigger a new clip, then when it's loaded only the clip playing is active.
for that feedback to work you need to enable "live mode"., and live should send and receive midi, like usine.(ie midi yoke 1 output from usine go to midi yoke 1 input of live, and midi 2 output from live goes to midi 2 input of usine). you can enable sync output from live if you plan to use global start/stop and need feedback on the interface, but disabling it make less midi infos are sent, and the interface is a bit more accurate, so just enable "telec" and "note" on midi input/output (french version) ;-)

now for the blinks:
there is a parameter on each track called "midi ch+ return", that is for the incoming notes to make the cell blinks. (that's because I experimented drop outs if using the same channel for CC and notes feedback) by default it's set to 8 (can be adjusted) so that mean notes for ch 1 should come from ch9 (8+1), 2 is 10 ect.
will try to make a liveset clear and post it in the week also, as it's pre-mapped). But if you wanna try by yourself :

if you have a midi track playing, create a new midi track and sets it's input in live to be the first one, activate monitor in and drive the output to any midi yoke port, but on ch 9,  for your second track it will be ch 10ect... (and activate that midi yoke port in usine midi inputs..)
you can adjust blink force by clicking on a track, there are few lighting settingz....

the fx menu acts the same way and send to CC 116-120. if you enable toggle the momentary buttons become  toggle swichs.

...and if you want to access your empty fx page, you have to press "fx" on the master scenes column, and drop your fx in the "empty fx" subpatch.

I tried to explain each part of it, I know it's a big "city" but you can have a look on texts inside the subpatch, might help understand what do each module and how the interface globally work, and how could some tweak it better maybe....
but don't hesitate if you have Q! I know it must be hard to understand as I m also sometimes lost in that city!

oops I should have worked a bit more on that shamy sound before post it, also only mapped one Fx in the demo whereas 25 can be mapped, anyway ll make a better one when quitting the "beta" mode hehe, but note you can use cells for many others apps: fx, dummyclips ect..
hope you ll like it' and post a touch' video,  soooo boring with the mouse!!

amiga909 wrote:

u really pushed my mental boundaries of what is possible with usine interface design, thanks.

thx, working on that  I just understood usine is already able to go far beyond from that! I should  learn script also...
don't know why it's less "funky" than patching to me.smile

cheers

Last edited by 23fx23 (2009-03-23 21:37:24)

#11 2009-03-28 23:38:42

23fx23
Community

Ive made a more universal Usine/Midi  version that has no live dependancies, and that I hope could be useful for several thingz.
   Also fixed lot's of display bugs and extended Fx to 8 instead of 5.  only put 2 tracks but can be extended... So if you plan to use it without live I highly recommend start from this file and not first live beta version...

little video (no sound) of   v1.01 for usine:
   where we can see a bit more of the patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyQsuX8Vmm8

gonna post it in template right now...
I will update/fix  live version soon.

Last edited by 23fx23 (2009-03-28 23:40:25)

#12 2009-03-29 00:42:38

fractal
Community

Terrific !!!!

The color choice is sooo great to make some 23fx23 modded interface !  smile

Maybee this version will be perfect for me(the live version...i don't know why,but i can't made it work properly, i know the major bug: it's me !  lol and maybee my audiocubes software,some midi confusion....)

Promise! sunday i made a vidéo !

Bye and one more time(yes i love the "repeat fonction" wink  ): THANK YOU and great work!

#13 2009-03-29 03:27:20

23fx23
Community

yop fractal there were still clics bugz, I corrected and re uploaded v1.02, so sorry you should redownload it again wink

maybe you can try to change midi channel on the track (and midi out) cause your others midi devices might already use Ch1 or 2..

Last edited by 23fx23 (2009-03-29 05:10:58)

#14 2009-04-01 20:27:52

23fx23
Community

yop fractal did you manage to get it work? don't hesitate if ya have Q.

#15 2009-04-05 15:58:34

senso
Administrator

I've moved this add-on into the "others" section, because I think it's a better place since it's not really a template neither a skin?

Olivier Sens
www.sensomusic.com

#16 2009-04-05 16:18:21

23fx23
Community

yup certainly right, first thought it was an ableton ib template, but maybe better in other.