Sensomusic

#1 2017-09-23 23:12:44

x.iso
Platinum Member

touch interactions accuracy and responsiveness HH2 vs HH3

Since I've found that Hollyhock 2 runs generally smoother on my laptop than Hollyhock 3, I'm doing my patches and workspaces in HH2, and then if there's something that I can't do in HH2, I'll open HH3 for that occasion.

But one thing in particular that just works better in HH2 is touch interaction in UI panels, like drag-n-drop from browser, scrolling the browser, patching things, all works without resorting to mouse or touchpad. In HH3 though, there's a hit-or-miss kind of behaviour when trying to drag stuff from browser (and touch scrolling doesn't work there either) or patching things together, also when trying to adjust docked patch window separator it doesn't work most of the time, but works fine in HH2.

I would like improvement in HH3 on that regard, at least it should be on same level as HH2.

Last edited by x.iso (2017-09-23 23:13:15)

#2 2017-09-24 03:58:42

x.iso
Platinum Member

Re: touch interactions accuracy and responsiveness HH2 vs HH3

Ok, it seems that I haven't properly tested 3.0.138 and it's now more CPU efficient than HH2 on same workspace (UI still gets a bit choppy when scrolling though, not that I can use it while scrolling) and some touch lags seem to be fixed as well.