Sensomusic

#1 2018-01-12 11:08:24

x.iso
Platinum Member

Ability to control midi clock output of device separately

The idea is, that in some situations you could want to control clock output for midi device separately. For instance to make interrupts for devices with internal sequencers. Maybe even manipulate BPM and such.

#2 2018-01-12 11:27:43

sephult
Community

Re: Ability to control midi clock output of device separately

Yeah I would find it cool to have a clock output in the MIDI devices...be very cool to modify with clock multipliers/dividers/stops etc
-s

"Every act of creation is first an act of destruction." -Picasso

#3 2018-01-12 15:44:28

23fx23
Community

can send custom midi clock like this.  (can add a BPM multiplier to manipulate out of PPQ, or use clock divider out of trigger, or use local sync with custom BPM rather than master sync).
tho i reckon a single module could be simpler way, thats relatively quick patched as a workaround and modular.
(smaller bloc size, higher precision)

http://www.sensomusic.org/forums/uploads.php?file=midi_clock_out_custom.jpg

Last edited by 23fx23 (2018-01-12 15:48:58)

#4 2018-01-12 17:45:32

x.iso
Platinum Member

But would it override active clock send from master to midi out device? Remember that midi out device got checkbox to send clock. Or is it going to send clock if that checkbox is inactive?

#5 2018-01-12 23:44:36

woodslanding
Community

In a related question:

Is there a different way that VSTs get a tempo from their host? (I assume this is not just midi clock...)  I've wished that I could set a different tempo for a particular vst.....

Custom i7 5775 ITX build, Win10, Babyface, touchscreen
Custom 2 manual midi keyboard
Usine, Kontakt, Reaktor, Synthmaster

#6 2018-01-13 04:35:18

23fx23
Community

@xiso, yes that would work with the chekbox off. i tried with live and it reflected usine tempo, basically its a 'manual' creation of clock overiding usine one.
tho if you wanted to add start/stop ect, would need to add according send midi message modules i suppose.

woodslanding vsts seem to  request or be informed by the daw via functions calls of the tempo and precise ppq timing, not midi. at least  thats my understanding considering sdk function
http://www.sensomusic.org/sdkdoc/html/s … _info.html
did you try a local sync module placed in same patch as the vst?

#7 2018-01-13 09:44:14

woodslanding
Community

no, I haven't tried anything... I'll look into the local sync module.  It's hardly surprising that Senso might have thought of this already...

Custom i7 5775 ITX build, Win10, Babyface, touchscreen
Custom 2 manual midi keyboard
Usine, Kontakt, Reaktor, Synthmaster